Introducing the drink of summer 2021:
THE COLOR-CHANGING COLLINS!!
The ingredients you need to make this magical drink will be available at the front table in store for the month of July and kits with everything you need are available online for store pickup and delivery.
Scroll down for the main recipe and a kid-friendly version.
Want to win a $100 Gift Card to Speakeasy?
Help us come up with a better name for this cocktail and do the following:
- Follow Speakeasy Cocktails on Instagram or Facebook
- Follow GSC on Instagram or Facebook
- Make a Color-Changing Collins following the recipe available soon on our social media and in store. You can make it using our sans alcohol recipe or with booze.
- Post a pic or video of the drink you make on social media, tagging @speakeasy.maplewood and @generalstorecooperative
- Come up with a NEW NAME for the cocktail!
- The best name wins.
Contest ends August 31, 2021 at midnight. The winner will be announced on Monday, September 6th, Labor Day.
Makes one cocktail
- Infuse 2 ounces of Gin, regular or zero proof, with a large pinch of butterfly pea flower, about 7-10 flowers (increase flowers as you increase the amount of gin).
- Let sit for one to 24 hours and strain flowers out
- Pour in a tall Collins or Highball glass
- Add 1/2 to 1 ounce of simple syrup (depending on your tastes)
- Fill with crushed ice, about 1 cup
- Add soda water almost to the top
- Squeeze in about 1 ounce of lemon juice
- Stir and enjoy!
For a kids version, try:
Color-changing Pink Lemonade
- Instead of infusing gin, steep the butterfly tea flower in 2 ounces of hot water for several minutes until it reaches a deep blue color, strain flowers out, and cool.
- Follow recipe as listed above.